10 April 2008

Old Granite Pier

Old Granite Pier, 5x7", oil on panel.

Another painting of the sea this morning, that's Straitsmouth Island in the distance. I was trying to capture that glow and painfully bright light of the morning sun, and that green line was actually there when I stared right at the area, so I'm pleased that it looked good on the painting.

This afternoon, I'm off to scout around for material for more complex and adventurous studio paintings. I'm looking forward to that. A little walk through the woods and some walking along the seaside trails is in order, I think. I also want to see if I can find some buildings that sit in the land just so, because I have a craving to paint something like that as well.

By the way, if anyone out there knows about an Etsy team for oil painting, let me know. I'd be interested in joining. And so would Sarah Burns.

No comments: