03 June 2008

Downtime

I've been doing some experiments with watercolors over the last two days, but nothing is quite ready for prime time just yet. I've always known that watercolor takes a great deal more planning to execute than oil, but I still wasn't quite ready for how hard it would be to do an accurate plein air in watercolor, especially without a portable watercolor studio. Anyway, so I'm thinking of doing an oil tomorrow, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, James Gurney had an interesting piece on his blog a few days ago about how he welcomed in a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses to sit for him while he sketched one of them. That was followed up by a brief interview with James over on Simon Owens's Bloggasm. Check it out. I think that this is really one of the nicest ideas I've heard of in a long time.

No comments: